March at the parade and dance at the festival!
Join with thousands of New Yorkers — from all parts of our community — as we come together for the Celebrate Israel Unity Festival, following the Israel Day Parade, on June 5, 2016.
Hosted by IAC and sponsored by UJA-Federation of New York, the Celebrate Israel Unity Festival will bring more than 5,000 New Yorkers together to celebrate the State of Israel — and the unity of our communities — with music, culture, live entertainment, food, art, and activities for families, kids, and tweens.
Join us as we experience Israeli-American culture together.
This festival is part of the international Unity Day initiative – Find out more at www.unityprize.org
The Celebrate Israel Unity festival will take families, children and tweens on a journey of discoveries and experiences where they will have the chance to touch, learn, hear, and interact with Israel.
A non-stop action packed stage will feature performances in Hebrew and English including:
• Israeli children’s super star Michal Haktana
• Multi-cultural children’s band Hot Peas ‘N Butter
• The Tzofim Friendship Caravan
Special activities include:
At this interactive area, children will get a feel for life in Israel, including the following:
• Interact with the replica of the ‘Western Wall’, where children can (delete interact and) learn about the history of this sacred Jewish monument.
• Dig for buried artifacts at the ‘Megiddo’ archeological dig. Once children discover the ‘buried antiquities’, they can go to a craft table and decorate what they have found.
• Play at the ‘Tel Aviv’ beach, with sandboxes, beach chairs and beach balls.
• Experience Israeli nature at the ‘Galille’ area, with a large interactive tree, where there will be:
• Decorating – where children and parents can write personal message on ‘leaves’, to be added to our tree.
• Planting – where children can put small sapling into pots to take home with them, as a memory of the festival.
• Learn about sand sculpting at the ‘Akko’ area, where a sand sculptor will be creating a castle out of sand. Guests will be able to interact as the artists explain the art of Sand Sculpting, including hands-on demonstrations.
Experience life on a Kibbutz, including the following activities:
• Hat Decorating.
• The making of traditional ‘Hebrew Door Signs’.
• Build a ‘Map of Israel’, where children and parents will leave their ‘mark’ by making hand prints to indicate the places they have visited in Israel.
• Kibbutz Keshet:
– Children and parents will have an opportunity to pose for pictures in a farm setting (the pictures will then be printed on magnets).
– ‘Milk the Cow’ & ‘Make Chocolate Milk’ – where children have a chance to ‘milk’ a fake cow, and then use that milk to make the famous Israeli delicacy Soko Besakit.
– IAC Keshet & Information Table (everything you’ve ever wanted to know about Keshet).
– Story and Music Time with Keshetot and SPBA.
Unity Luna Park
This fun area for children and tweens of all ages will include the following attractions:
• Carnival Booths & Games
• Air Hockey
• Mini Golf
Food on the Roof
Children and parents can enjoy traditional Israeli food and ‘street fare’ which will inspire your next trip to Israel – all 100% Kosher! Enjoy the food and amazing atmosphere, while paying Shesh Besh (can you beat your partner?).